Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Train Ride to Denali National Park

Dear Family and Friends,

The cruise that Norman and Nancy booked was a land and sea cruise.  The first few days (the land portion) included a train ride from Anchorage to Denali National Park.

We were picked up at our hotel in Anchorage and transported to the train station where we got on beautiful observation cars for our all day ride to Denali.

Here are some pictures.

This is my brother Norman, wearing his Texas shirt and Nancy, wearing the sweet smile.  It was good to be with them.


As you can see from the pictures the observation car was roomy and perfect for viewing the scenery.


The weather was a low overcast so the pictures are not a good as they would be on a clear sunny day.  As I understand, it is more common for the weather to be like this in Alaska than sunny.





We really didn't mind the clouds...it is just part of the Alaska experience.  The scenery was beautiful anyway.


In my next post I will share with you about Denali National Park.

Love,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Unless very lucky, best views of McKinley are from the plane. Hope you can visit Barrow and NORAD, top of the world! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went no further north than Denali. It would have been fun going to the top of the world though. We were excited to be as far north as we were. In my next post I will be sharing about our view of Mt. McKinley.

      Delete

Comments are welcome.