Join me on INSTAGRAM, my name is ecuadorchick.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Heavy Hearts

Dear Family and Friends,

Chuck and I are in the United States visiting family and friends.  After spending several days in Seattle we traveled to Richland, WA to visit family here.

It has been almost a week since we heard about the tragic earthquake in Ecuador. We have heard (either via facebook or email) from most of our friends.  They all seem to have escaped injury.  We are very thankful for that.

I could be posting some pictures I have taken over the last week or so, but somehow I just don't feel like I want to share them in this post.

There have been some news clips on U.S. television, but not very much.  Thanks to our facebook friends living in Ecuador we have been able the to get a sense of the devestation.  Our hearts are warmed by the out pouring of love of the Ecuadorians living in the other parts of the country, in the form of fresh water, food and much needed supplies that are being transported to the region.

Viva Ecuador...a country we are proud to call our own.

Love,
Nancy and Chuck





1 comment:

  1. While it it so very sad your friends are glad that you were not there when it happened. I for one am glad you are here. You are correct about the lack of coverage and help from the U.S..If not for you I may never have even heard about it. I sure hope that the American Military has been sent to help. Thank God that they are pulling together to clean this up. I pray when you go back that your home and friends are there for you and Chuck. Praying for Equador.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome.